Effective July 25, 2023
About The F Suite
The F Suite is a private, invite-only organization for Chief Financial Officers of leading high-growth companies, public companies, and venture capital funds, operating under The Suite, Inc. (“The F Suite” or “F Suite”). Our mission is to help our members do their day-to-day jobs better and excel throughout their careers.
Requirements for Membership
By joining and maintaining a membership in The F Suite, I agree that I am qualified for membership. More specifically, I confirm that:
1. I was nominated for membership in The F Suite by an existing F Suite member, an F Suite team member, or an F Suite partner.
2. I am the full-time Chief Financial Officer or Head of Finance at my company or fund, and I am the most senior strategic finance executive at my company or fund (“Qualifying CFO”) or have otherwise received approval from The F Suite to join and to maintain my membership. For the avoidance of doubt, “fractional” or “consulting” CFO is not a qualifying role.
3. I am not currently affiliated with a company that sells predominantly to finance departments.
4. My participation with The F Suite is NOT focused on selling my products or services.
5. I agree to The F Suite mantra of “give to get” - giving advice and expertise, not just receiving.
6. I acknowledge and agree that The F Suite has limited membership capacity and must reserve capacity for active members, so my active participation is required in order to maintain my membership. If I do not actively participate in The F Suite community (as determined by The F Suite in its sole discretion), I may receive an inactivity notice from The F Suite. If I continue to be inactive without providing a valid reason (as determined by The F Suite in its sole discretion) within thirty (30) days after receiving such notice, my membership may be terminated without refund.
8. I agree to inform The F Suite if I no longer have a Qualifying CFO role, including the date that this change occurred by contacting email@example.com within 30 days thereof. Members who are in-transition and are looking for another Qualifying CFO role may continue as F Suite members. Members who accept a non-qualifying role may be transitioned to The F Suite alumni program, another sister community, or removed from all communities (in The F Suite’s sole discretion).
9. I understand this community platform is a paid membership, research and continuing education club exclusively for Qualifying CFOs.
10. I agree to abide by the terms and rules of this F Suite Membership Agreement, including without limitation the Code of Conduct, as each may be updated or amended from time-to-time.
11. I agree that non-payment of my annual membership fees, as and when they become due, will result in automatic termination of membership in The F Suite.
12. I understand that any violation of this Membership Agreement or Code of Conduct is grounds for termination of my F Suite membership without refund.
13. In connection with any F Suite program in which I serve, or have served, as a speaker, participant or attendee: (i) I consent to The F Suite’s recording of its events and any presentation at its programs (including any PowerPoint slides) and to its publication, distribution, exhibition, and display; (ii) I consent to The F Suite’s reproduction, publication, distribution, exhibition, and display of written materials submitted in connection with the program; (iii) The F Suite may exercise or license these rights in all forms and media, whether now known or later developed, throughout the world; (iv) my consent is irrevocable and extends, in perpetuity, to The F Suite and its successors, assigns, and licensees, and includes the right to use my name, photograph, likeness, voice, statements, and professional biography; (v) all of the rights I am granting to The F Suite are non-exclusive, and nothing will prevent me from repeating my presentation and republishing my materials elsewhere; and (vi) I agree that The F Suite, as the program producer, will be the copyright owner of the program recording and any associated written materials compilation.
Membership Code of Conduct
Non-Solicitation Policy: I understand and recognize that The F Suite events, meetings, communication channels and other programs are for education and networking pursuits only. I will not (and will not assist any other party to) solicit F Suite members participating in F Suite programs for the sale of any products, services or events. I will not use any communication channels provided by The F Suite to send communications to any member that are or may be construed as an advertisement or solicitation, regardless of my intention. Violations of this policy may result in termination of my membership and/or my removal from The F Suite communication channels without notice and without refund, as determined by The F Suite in its sole discretion.
Event No-Show/Late-Cancellation Policy: I understand that The F Suite events may be over-subscribed with a waitlist, and that late cancellations or no-shows unfairly take the spot of another member who would like to attend and diminish the overall experience for all other attendees. I agree to use best efforts to avoid canceling late (within forty-eight (48) hours of the start time) and/or not showing up to an event for which I am registered. I further acknowledge and agree that my membership is subject to termination without refund upon one (1) no-show without notice and/or upon three (3) late cancellations within forty-eight (48) hours of the applicable event, in each case in The F Suite’s sole discretion.
In making any vendor or product recommendations or referrals, I will disclose any actual or potential conflicts of interest.
I will keep all communications on The F Suite communication channels private and will not disclose the content of such communications to third parties without the consent of The F Suite. The F Suite communication channels include, but are not limited to, threads on the Braintrust, emails from the Listserv, Slack channels initiated or facilitated by The F Suite, webinar or online chats, and discussions at The F Suite events.
I agree that material deemed to be for the intended recipient only (such as our “Give to Get” surveys) shall not be shared with third parties without the consent of The F Suite.
If I come into possession of non‐public, sensitive or otherwise confidential information about a company or another F Suite member, I will safeguard the information from the public and not intentionally or inadvertently communicate it to any person (including family members and friends) unless the person has a need to know the information for legitimate business reasons. I will not disclose confidential, sensitive or proprietary information obtained as a consequence of my association with The F Suite to third parties without express authorization from The F Suite. I will be discreet with respect to confidential information. I will respect the privacy of other members and not provide their name to any third party without their permission.
I will promptly notify The F Suite of any change in my contact information or employment status which occurs after the date I accept this Membership Agreement.
I will conduct myself in a professional manner at all times.
These terms govern your attendance at, and/or participation in, any and all F Suite events (each, an “Event”).
If you are registering on behalf of another person, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person attending is aware of these terms and accepts them, and by completing the registration you are warranting that you have made the attendee aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
Registration for an Event only entitles you to admittance. You will be responsible for any other costs associated with attending the event (including without limitation, travel and accommodation). The F Suite disclaims all liability in connection with such costs.
The F Suite reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove you from the Event if The F Suite believes that your presence and/or behavior will create or is creating a disruption to the Event or is hindering other attendees from enjoying the Event.
By attending or participating in the Event, you acknowledge and agree to grant The F Suite the irrevocable right at the Event to record, film, photograph or capture your likeness in any media now available and hereafter developed, and to distribute, broadcast, use or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant to The F Suite includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use and/or disseminate the media.
If you intend to post images that include other attendees at Events, we expect that you will respect the privacy of other attendees by asking permission from all persons visible in images prior to posting.
Social media posts should not violate any laws or ethical standards. For example, posts should not be used in a false or misleading way, such as by claiming to be someone other than yourself or to create an artificial “buzz” around any particular organization or business.
All posts should make clear that you are speaking and posting on your own behalf.
All intellectual property rights in and to the Event, the Event content and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by The F Suite and/or the Event sponsors or speakers presenting at the Event. You may not use or reproduce, or allow anyone else to use or reproduce, any trademarks (including without limitation “The F Suite”, “The Suite”, “TechGC”, and “The L Suite”) or other trade names appearing at the Event, in any Event content and/or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event for any reason without The F Suite’s prior written consent.
For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by The F Suite or any of its sister communities, or grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of The F Suite or its sister communities, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of The F Suite and its sister communities, as applicable.
The F Suite, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Event, including but not limited to, the Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, performers, hosts, moderators, venue and time.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
The F Suite disclaims all warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness and merchantability. The F Suite does not accept any responsibility or liability for your or any other person’s reliance on any aspect of the Event and/or any information provided at the Event.
To the fullest extent allowed by law, I agree to waive, discharge claims, and release from liability The F Suite, its officers, directors, employees, and agents from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from, any act or omission, including without limitation willful misconduct, negligence, and harassment, of or by any non-F Suite personnel, which may include, for example, other attendees, Event sponsors, guests, speakers, and/or service providers. I further agree to hold harmless The F Suite, its officers, directors, employees, and agents from any claims, damages, injuries or losses caused by my own acts or omissions, including without limitation negligence and willful misconduct, while attending an Event. I understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release is binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns. I expressly waive all rights conferred by Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, or any substantially similar law which states in substance: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
Other than to the extent required by law (i) The F Suite shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement and (ii) The F Suite’s maximum aggregate liability for any claims in connection with Events, whether in contract, tort or otherwise (including without limitation any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amounts paid by you to The F Suite in the twelve (12) months prior to such claims (without duplication).
* * *
This Agreement may be amended at any time by The F Suite in its sole discretion upon providing written notice to each member, who shall then have the option to opt out of F Suite membership at such time in lieu of accepting such amendment. Such notice may be provided via email, banner notifications on any of The F Suite websites, or other industry standard and commercially reasonable methods